It may seem contradictory, but freezer fires do happen in homes and even commercial facilities. Even though safety guidelines are provided during appliances installations such as a refrigeration NER installation, you can’t be complacent. But before you get paranoid about your own fridge bursting into flames any minute now, read on to find out about freezer fires: More information Refrigeracion NER
- As an electrical device, a refrigerator should be registered in case of a recall due to a freezer fire.
- Refrigerators usually only last up to 13 years. If your fridge’s brand is Whirlpool and has been developing a discolouration due to aging, you may send it for service such as a refrigeration NER service.
- To check if your refrigerator is in danger of catching flames, check the socket and plug for any burn marks.
- Check the manufacturer’s website if they have a product recall checker to ensure if the item has not been recalled before by the manufacturer for safety and performance issues.
- If your fridge is an older model, check if it has a plastic backing. This material is highly flammable and can emit toxic gases if ignited.